Acai bowls suddenly became hot food trends. From college students to busy executives to aged population, for all age groups Acai bowl became the favourite breakfast dish. With too many topping options, Acai bowl in Melbourne and elsewhere comes with a wide variety of choices for every taste bud. The Brazilian berry called Acai took over the popular food culture not just because of taste, but also due to the high concentration of nutrients and antioxidants. But this sudden popularity over the health attributes of this food is based on research or it is just another newest trend on the food scene. How beneficial healthy this new food option is, let’s find out.
A sweet treat without added sugar
There is no stopping in the sweet craving of people. Sweet treats became popular these days with new food chains coming up with new varieties, fusion sweets every day. Shops to quench your sweet craving is popping up everywhere and they have an irresistible charm to people. In this respect this increasing trend of having Acai bowls for breakfast actually proves to be healthy since they satisfy the sweet craving while keeping you healthy with a bevy of nutrients and dietary fibre.
People feel good about the bowls because it gives them the soul satisfying tasty smoothie that tastes like ice cream though in health benefits leaves all sweet dishes far behind. An Acai Bowl is like consuming a crunchy, chewy smoothie with your own toppings of choice. As the name suggests, the smoothie bowl is packed with Acai berries besides other natural ingredients like fruits, nuts, healthy cereals, etc. Acai is long dubbed as a super food because of its surprising range of health benefits.
Health facts about Acai
As far as the sugar quantity of Acai bowl is considered, it is less likely to spike the blood glucose thanks to its high quantity of fibre. Depending on the specific toppings and the type of natural elements used as toppings the sugar quantity can further be controlled and can actually be made a diet healthy for anyone. To sum up, Acai berries are full of antioxidants, vital minerals and vitamins to offer complete nutrition and nourishment to your body. When topped with nuts, other fruits or mixed with other healthy ingredients like soy milk, they make the best breakfast option in the world.
Acai berries are considered as a super food also because of its anti-ageing and anti-obesity properties. Considered in contrast to so called sweet options like the chocolate shake, vanilla cone, chocolate cake, whipped cream, Mocha Frappuccino and similar fibre less, only sweet options, Acai bowls are less likely to spike the sugar in blood. Actually, fibre consumed with sugary food slows down the metabolism and prevents instant spike in blood glucose level. This is what happens when consuming an Acai bowl dish topped with nuts, raw fruits, oats, etc.
This is no longer one of those food fads that a lot of people do not believe as healthy. Obviously, before buying considering the fibre quantity is important. There are too many Acai bowl options that can be good for even someone controlling his sugar intake. In this respect, checking labels and reading the nutrition facts carefully is important. When indulging in any of these bowls, give attention to the ingredients and toppings. People already started treating these bowls as their favourite sweet treat or dessert just because of the yummy taste of the smoothie. But, considering the health benefits when consumed with fibre rich toppings they can consider substituting Acai bowls as a dish for breakfast or sometimes even a meal. As far as the sugar quantity of the Acai fruit goes, it contains sugars but one can always keep a check by adding healthy toppings. Actually, the sugar causing health concern is the artificial kind rather than the natural one. So, if your Acai bowl is devoid of any artificial sugar content like that granola you can actually consider it healthier treat, especially with toppings like almond, strawberries, walnuts etc. A balance between fibre quantity and the natural sugar can be reached.
So, nothing prevents you to enjoy a bowl!
It can be assumed that you have been smacking your lips for an entire bowl full of this ice cream like smoothie throughout the time you have been reading this post. Obviously, keeping aside health worries to have a nice sweet treat is not a less reward and Acai bowl (http://breakfast.about.com/od/Smoothies-Shakes-and-Fruit-Bowls/r/Tropical-Acai-Bowl.htm) in this respect can be the best choice. Obviously, the ingredient used in the bowl, the choice of toppings and the way it is prepared, all contributes to the healthy properties of Acai bowl.
Nowadays most households store food in some form or the other and for this various options are available in the market. Many people prefer glass and plastic containers to store food products, but these are fragile.
On the other hand stainless steel food storage containers are as aesthetically appealing as the glass and plastic counterparts but much more durable and sturdy. Apart from storing several items like spices, wheat flour and other ingredients in the kitchen these containers can also be used to store food stuff in the refrigerator. There are many reasons why stainless steel containers are the best option for storing food in any form.
• When you use plastic containers it is possible that harmful chemicals get leached into the food. Stainless steel is non toxic, non reactive to even acidic foods and hence completely safe. Hence we can say that safety and good health of your family is one of the main reasons why you should use stainless steel containers.
• Plastic containers tend to discolor and become stained with usage, but steel always looks clean in spite of becoming somewhat scratched.
• One of the most important advantages of stainless steel is that it does not break, like glass or plastic even if dropped on a hard surface.
• Steel is a very hygienic material because it is not hospitable to the growth or harboring of bacteria. At the same time, odors cannot be transferred which is a common complaint with plastic containers.
• Nowadays it is possible to get stainless steel food storage containers which are leak proof and air tight. This is done with the help of locking clips and silicone seals similar to the ones found in plastic containers. This makes these containers perfect for the transfer of food items like salsa, yogurt or dip.
The best part of stainless steel is that it is recyclable. This is the reason that the stainless steel products that you buy are most likely to contain at least 75% recycled scrap steel content. In fact if you feel that you don’t want to use a container anymore it can be recycled endlessly.
On the other hand most plastic containers are not accepted by municipal recycling programs.
Another reason for you to opt for stainless steel is to make for litter free lunch boxes. As a parent you definitely want your child to learn good habits and one of these habits is green living. For this purpose you should teach your children about the necessity to reuse and recycle as much as they can. One of the easiest way to do this is to plan lunches that don’t produce any garbage. Stainless steel food containers can also be brought home and reused the next day producing no litter for the school or workplace. While it is quite tempting to opt for reusable plastic containers instead, you need to think again. This is because plastic containers are definitely better than sandwich bags and plastic wrap, but they cannot beat the eco friendliness of stainless steel.
The best part is that there is a large variety of stainless steel food containers available in different sizes and for different purposes. What’s more you don’t even need to trudge to the local store to buy them as they are easily available on the internet. Nowadays you can find a large number of online stores which sell stainless steel food containers. The best part is that these online stores provide a much larger variety of brands, designs and styles to choose from because they do not have the limitation of space that usually physical stores do. At the same time these stainless steel food storage (http://www.ehow.com/how_5632263_store-food-stainless-steel-pot.html) containers are available at much lower prices in online stores. This is because the online stores do not have to spend money on overhead costs and they pass on these savings to the customer. As a result almost all the products that they sell are affordable.
Acai Bowls are made for the busy health-conscious professionals of Melbourne. In a busy day packed with work engagements and meetings, responsible eating often takes a backseat. It may also be hard to have the right vegan food options all the time. So, Acai Bowls in Melbourne and other parts of the world are prepared to perfection by professionals are a great substitute for a rushed sandwich or bagel. A peanut butter acai bowl is perfect for breakfast, with its high protein and calorie content. A mix of spinach with acai, almond milk and dates provides the right balance without overburdening the stomach at lunchtime. For sunset, try the cooling banana acai bowl. We explain the health benefits of acai and the ingredients that go into these bowls:
Acai Berry- Power Packed Health
Acai berries are loaded with antioxidants- much more than other berries. Antioxidants combine with free radicals in the body which act as toxins accelerating the aging process. They are also associated with weight loss and dieters swear by the berries’ power to burn fat off. The berries in the pressed juices are also tasty and help keep hunger pangs away by supplying natural fruit sugars to the body. Antioxidants are also known to carry cancer-fighting properties. Acai is also known to promote cell repair, boost energy levels through the day and improve vitality and vigour.
Granola is the perfect base for an acai bowl with its crisp texture. The best granola is made rolled oats mixed with puffed rice, nuts and honey that’s baked for crispness. There are many regional variations in this classic American hiker meal. Granola is the quintessential outdoors meal that campers have enjoyed for years because of its high energy content. It has high fibre content to aid digestion, essential minerals like sodium, potassium and zinc that are critical for cell function, trace elements and vitamins. Often dieters reduce food intake to promote weight loss, so adding granola to the diet ensures a feeling of satiation without piling on the calories. It is also a source of good cholesterol for the body and keeps blood pressure under control.
Banana is the best dietary source of potassium. The element is essential for maintain electrolyte balance in the body. It also helps to control blood pressure. Bananas also promote digestion and keep bowel moments regular even during diets because of their high pectin content. The high calcium content in bananas keeps bones and eyesight in good shape. Blood sugar spikes and troughs can be kept in check, especially between meals while dieting. Finally, high levels of tryptophan, an amino acid found in bananas, keeps the mood levels elevated.
Nuts are natural sources of protein- the essential building blocks of the body. Peanut butter is preferred by dieters as a palate-friendly addition to Acai Bowls. Each serving of peanut butter packs a high calorie content- this is very helpful for dieters who maintain a punishing exercise regimen. The fat content is high, but it’s the good kin- monounsaturated fat that keep your heart healthy. The fibre content also keeps your digestion in check.
Spinach is the green leafy vegetable we’ve all been eating right from childhood. It continues to be in favour with dieters because of the high amounts of minerals (mainly iron), trace elements and vitamins that it carries. Iron in the diet promotes high red blood cell count which keeps you on your feet in the most tiring days. Adding good helpings of spinach to your diet is good for your skin, hair, eyesight and bone strength. And it has no fat content at all, which dieters will find pleasing. High levels of beta carotene keep asthma risks at bay. Regular consumption of spinach also helps keep diabetes at bay.
Dates are the sweet energy pack of the food world. The high sugar content ensures an instant pick me up. Dates are also packed with fibre, iron and other minerals and essential vitamins. A healthy serving of dates is good for digestion, reduced stroke risk, vigour and vitality and respiratory health.
Almond milk is a great vegan alternative to soymilk and dairy products. It helps control lactose intolerance and stomach upsets. Vitamin A and D help fight against deteriorating eyesight and skin disorders. Phosphorus, potassium and zinc help to keep vital functions steady. Almond milk (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almond_milk) is low in fat and calorie content, so dieters can add it as a dairy substitute in their food regimen.
A pressed juice cleanse is a type of detoxification procedure that requires you to drink raw, pure, organic, unprocessed, cold pressed juices of fruits and vegetables instead of eating anything. In that sense it is a type of fasting also that provides your digestive mechanism complete rest from consuming and digesting processed food stuffs. Though, our body has its own detoxification mechanism that regularly relieves the body from toxic wastes over time our eating habits and irregular lifestyle habits causes accumulation of toxins in our body. To get rid of this accumulated toxins juice cleansing is an effective treatment that helps rejuvenating our whole organic system. Moreover, the best thing about juice cleansing is while undergoing such procedure, it provides our body all vital nutrients necessary to keep ourselves energetic and active.
Different types of juice cleansing packages and how they work?
Juice cleansing can be classified as per duration of the procedure and as per challenge involved in going through the cleansing procedures. While 1 day, 3 day, 5 day cleanse etc. are based upon the duration and days taken to undergo cleansing, soft, medium, and hard types of juice cleanses are classified according to the consumable juice type. While some types of pressed juices in Melbourne or anywhere else in the world are suited specifically for experienced people, some juices are easier for the virgin juicers to consume.
Single day cleanse
Single day juice cleanse suits and benefits people who already undergone a longer cleanse earlier. People who have already experienced the juice cleansing benefits and whose bodies and palate have already been habituated with such cleansing process can be benefited from such cleansing. Such cleanse is beneficial to give your digestive system a rest and rejuvenate the body from time to time.
3 day cleanse
This is a bit rigorous cleansing procedure that will completely reset your entire system, refresh your palate, detoxify your liver, digestive tract, intestines and the entire body. This type of rigorous cleansing also helps immensely in regulating your metabolism and losing excess body weight. 3 Day cleansing is ideal for people looking for a rigorous dietary treatment to detoxify or for losing weight.
5 day cleanse
5 day pressed juice cleanse is the most rigorous procedure that requires sufficient preparation. But however tough it seems to stay clear of any solid foods for 5 days, it has its array of benefits as well. It will not only help losing weight in quick time but the cleansing will rejuvenate the entire organic system or longer.
Soft juice cleanse
Soft juice cleanse is ideal for first timers or juice virgins. People who are least habituated to any type of dieting procedure will find consuming green juices (http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/green-juice) challenging. Milder raw fruit juices with juices o few vegetables and nut milk will be a better option for their palate and consuming capacity. Soft juices are great for first time experience and secure the benefits of detoxification and nutritional value provided by the juice.
Medium juice cleanse
Medium juice cleanse is still moderate compared to green juice cleanse, but is not mild as soft fruit juices. Juices derived from roots, veggies and nuts dominate this type of juice cleanses and is ideal to detoxify the body.
Hard juice cleanse
People who already went through juice cleanses number of times are best suited for this type of cleansing. Hard juices mainly refer to green juices derived mainly from long leafy vegetables and legumes. Basically, such juice cleansing is ideal for a faster and in-depth cleansing. Green juices have more detoxification and alkalizing property than any other juices, but they also offer the most challenging tastes for the palate.
Before, during and after pressed juice cleanse
Before going through the pressed juice cleanse stay clear of meat, dairy, starchy foods, caffeine, refined sugar, and alcohol just 2 to 3 days in prior. Thus you can prepare the body for cleanse when you would be consuming no solid food.
During the juice cleanse do not exhaust yourself in physical works or rigorously stressful jobs. This is the time your body runs in low calorie and naturally you should not push it further. Light exercise, meditation and relaxing kind of engagements are ideal during this procedure. Drink enough water and herbal tea in between juice cleanses.
Do not grab too much food voraciously just after juice cleanse, just follow the same recommended during pre-cleanse period. At this time, your body still needs to cope up with the normal eating habit and so you must revert back to regular eating gradually.
A body cleanse is mainly the process of taking a break from unhealthy processed foods and taking clean eating a notch further and giving your body a break. Including pressed juice in your diet is a way of enhancing nutrition and getting back to healthy basics. Of course, simply consuming pressed fruit and vegetable juices is also beneficial, but nowadays cold pressed juice cleansing diets are specially designed by nutritionists. In fact, nowadays there are juice bars that make juices using the hydraulic press process, bottle them immediately and ship them to your doorstep. They also provide customized cleansing programs which are tailored to suit your nutritional habits and your taste preferences.
If you follow the guidance given by these juice companies, you will be able to get the maximum benefit from your cleanse programs. Some amount of preparation is necessary in order to ensure that the cleansing program gives you desired results. For this, you will have to start dropping off your unhealthy habits and make a few changes a few days before you start the cleansing program. It is true that most of us don’t get enough water for our bodies on a daily basis, but water is a necessary ingredient for a successful cleansing program. At the same time water also helps improve the condition of dry skin, irregularity in bowel movements and more. It is a good idea to begin your day in the morning with a cup of herbal tea or warm water with lemon. You should also drink at least two liters of clean water daily and completely stay off caffeinated drinks.
Benefits of a cold pressed juice cleanse:
• A nourished and regulated colon – Many of the toxins in the body get out of the system in the form of stools. A cold pressed juice cleanse will enhance the efficacy of the digestive system to remove these toxins. The digestive system, especially the liver will get rid of all toxins and will get completely healed and rejuvenated.
• Increased energy and stamina – It is true that the unhealthy foods we eat do not provide our bodies with the necessary nutrition. On the other hand pressed fruit and vegetable juices are packed with nutrients and this provides sufficient energy to the body. At the same time, the accumulated toxins in the body also eat up energy and stamina and when they are eliminated from the system the body becomes energetic and rejuvenated. Hence opting for a pressed juice cleanse from time to time ensures that your energy and stamina levels are increased.
• Increased mental clarity – The health of the body has a direct connection with the health of the mind. A cleansed and well-nourished body will ensure that your mind stays healthy, alert and clear. You will be able to function at your optimum mental energy and also be able to stay focused and concentrate better.
• Better sleep patterns – A cleansed and nourished body will allow for a peaceful and relaxed mental state. This in turn will ensure that you sleep well and in a healthy manner.
• Radiant complexion, healthy hair and nails – The health and appearance of the skin, hair and nails depends on the amount of nutrition we take. The healthy amount of easily absorbed nutrients in a pressed fruit diet ensures that your skin, hair and nails remain healthy and beautiful. At the same time, pressed juices are packed with antioxidants which slow down the aging process of the organs and hence eliminate the signs of premature aging.
• A dramatic weight loss – Pressed juice leads to tremendous weight loss by massively and effectively flooding out all the toxins and helps in increased cleansing from the colon. This in turn also increases the metabolic rate and works to burn out fat from the human body.
• Helps strengthen the immune system – Pressed juices also help prevents illness by strengthening the immune system. Raw juice (http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Raw-Unpasteurized-Juice) comprises healthy vitamins and enzymes that act as a natural cure for all body systems. It helps nourish and hydrate human body in an effortless and seamless manner whilst giving a boost to the immune system.
It is never easy to have and adjust to gluten-free life. The major issue faced by people who have chosen gluten-free life or have celiac disease or gluten intolerance is the added cost of the products. Suddenly, you will realize that your weekly grocery bill has risen to double. There are ways to smartly deal with this.
Gluten intolerance or celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder, which causes serious damages from eating barley, wheat, or rye. Avoiding these in your everyday diet is a task and the cost of other products just does not come handy. Here is a guide to walk you through the simple and easy process to follow for a budget gluten-free diet.
1. Consider Natural Gluten-Free Products: The best way to save pocket is to adapt to already gluten-free products. This would not add to your bills because chances are you are already consuming them. Try to develop to this new gluten-free world around you, do not just jump on and replace everything. Add lots of fruits, dried or canned beans, quinoa and veggies in your diet. You can consider grains like amaranth, buckwheat, rice (brown, white, wild), millet, sorghum and teff but you should take extra care when considering oats, as they are naturally gluten-free but contaminate as are processed in the same mill as wheat. Vegetarian or vegan diets are a safe call for gluten-free diet.
2. Chart Out Your Meal: It is of vital importance for you to keep in mind and chart out your gluten-free diet requirements. Take help from someone knowledgeable on the subject, consider talking to your doctor/ consultant or switch online. It is important to be proportionate with your intake and to not miss out on important nutrients required by your body.
3. Consider Bulk Buying: When switching to gluten-free diet, it is extremely important to take care of the extra cost. The best way to avoid paying extra for your food is to go on bulk shopping. Map out your requirements and head to the supermarkets and local markets. Local markets are more preferred as they will allow you to bargain.
4. Consider Online Organic and Gluten-Free Grocery Shopping: Everything on a click sounds like a great idea. It is a new mess to look for each detail, you are bound to mistakes but internet is making everything easy. There are many big banners and small which provide a trusted and certified section for gluten-free products. You would not have to rush or stand in a queue. You can take your time, read the information, and go ahead with buying. Almost all gluten free foods online stores accept different kinds of payment mode and you would not even have to worry about carrying the baggage. Each such e-store will have easy bake and quick recipes and lots of information for you to read on.
5. Consider Cooking On Your Own: There are many cooking websites available these days with numerous diet charts and recipes. There are many delicious and yummy easy to bake recipes available for gluten-free food (http://www.ehow.com/about_5370612_glutenfree-foods-list.html). Gluten-free food online is given a priority section as it is a trending diet these days. Many dedicated cookbooks are even available in the market for you to experiment and adapt to gluten-free food. Potato can be your new friend.
6. Consider Asking For Coupons: Each gluten-free food online store will be giving out coupons or discount offers to attract and retain customers. Seasonal fruits and veggies will have exclusive deals also for bigger packages. When shopping in your local market or neighbourhood store, consider asking for discounts or coupons. Local grocery stores also keep seasonal sales on their products and you cannot just miss them.
7. Learn To Read Labels: If the reason behind your choice of gluten-free diet is celiac disease then you really cannot afford to not know on how to read food product labels. Labels will come off as utter significance in your gluten-free food world. Read on to labels whenever you go for grocery shopping. Food products mostly have a label when they are gluten-free.
Gluten-free food diet is a costly one but just few smart and wise steps towards your grocery requirement can make it pocket-friendly. It is wise to map out a chart with your gluten-free diet on it and then consider grocery shopping.
Nobody around you including yourself would adjust to a non-healthy life. Everyone wants to stay fit and healthy. Organic foods are a way to being healthy but it comes with a cost. Organic groceries have sky-touching prices, but it would be not wise to omit them. Studies have shown that all-organic diet helps in stronger immune system and less body weight and fat.
The ultimate way for organic grocery shopping are simple, you just need to look into them. Organic groceries store more than 25% more nutrients than non-organic food, which may carry preservatives and pesticides. To have a clean diet, it is necessary to include more and more healthy organic food.
Many people wonder if the secret to staying healthy is eating and choosing organic groceries, then why the cost is much higher than non-organic products, which not only damage your immune system, but are also attracting so many diseases like cancer, neurological problems, and skin diseases. The answer to this question is simple. Something that can keep you healthy and bless you with longer life will have to have some monetary importance over non-organic products.
1. Bulk-Buying Technique: Bulk-buying technique for organic grocery is a sure shot way to save on your pocket. Organic products have a longer life, can be stored in freezer for longer durations, so plan and chart out your requirements, and do bulk buying of organic groceries. Almost every organic product store will have organic food container or bag in which these products can be stored for longer duration.
2. Be Generic: The brand labeled organic groceries will be set at a much higher cost than your generic local food brands. The more generic your organic food (http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/organic-food-better) is, the more it will be carrying nutrients. The brand names are just to add the cost to your shopping bill. However, brands sway many people, but generic food products are much healthier and do not cost a bomb on your pocket.
3. Grow Your Own Farm: If going generic does not seem like a safe option for you and brand labelled products are making you cringe away from paying the hefty bill then you can always go for growing your own farm. This seems like the most secure choice as you do not have to worry over the crudeness of the product and you can eat as much as you like. The storing of organic products is simple and easy and, so is growing them.
4. Prioritize and Organize Your Organic Grocery Shopping: When you are aware of the extra cost the organic food brings but the healthy nutrients are not something you can keep your family away from then it becomes very important to keep in mind to pan out your requirements over a chart or a notepad. Prioritize your and family’s nutrient intake and accordingly chart out the organic grocery shopping. Save and be meticulous when it comes to organic grocery shopping and do not waste the products.
5. Discount and Coupons on Organic Grocery: It is very easy to browse through local organic shops and look for discounts and coupon offers on organic groceries. Most weekends and especially Mondays are assigned with most of the discounts. Most of the organic grocery stores privilege their customers with discounts and coupon offers to retain customers and to increase brand loyalty. There should be no hesitation in asking for discounts or coupons in stores. Many local grocery stores and online grocery website provide with membership/club options, which can provide you with good deals in organic shopping.
6. Consider Online Organic Grocery Shopping: In this technological age, there is nothing that remains untouched from it. There are many trusted online grocery stores and healthy food websites that shower its customers with not only discounts and coupons, but also provide with quick recipes and, healthy and valuable information over each organic products. Online organic grocery shopping is pocket friendly, easy, and simple. Almost, all of the online organic grocery stores will provide you with nutrients intake chart for each product. Bulk buying option is also available and you do not have to worry about carrying the heavy baggage.
When it comes to organic grocery shopping, it becomes extremely viable to do it smartly. Each smart tip you utilize will bring you much heftier pocket than a bill. So buy, store and, live healthy.